Review the following sections for more information about leaves of absence. Keep in mind that laws, eligibility and benefits vary and can be complex. Consult with the Leaves team when you have questions about leaves of absence.
How to file for a leave of absence:
Our leave administrator is Broadspire. To initiate a claim, you must call Broadspire at (888) 398-0079. A claims intake specialist will take your information and start the leave process for you.
What are the most common reasons for a leave of absence?
- Birth, adoption, foster care (bonding)
- Employee who is unable to work because of their own serious health condition (medical leave)
- Care for a spouse, child or parent with a serious health condition
- Military caregivers leave
- Active military duty leave
- Personal leave of absence (up to a maximum of 30 calendar days)
Eligibility requirements apply.
Employees on leave do not have access to Sunrun systems/email; however, they can still access Okta from a personal computer or device.
If placed on leave, either you or your manager will need to email email@example.com 48 hours prior to your confirmed return date so that your systems can be reactivated.
Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
FMLA is a federal law that guarantees up to 12 weeks of job-protected leave. You may be eligible for FMLA if:
- You recently gave birth, adopted a child or had a foster child placed in your home
- Your spouse, child or parent has a serious health condition
- You have a serious health condition that makes you unable to perform the essential duties of your job
- Your spouse, adult child or parent is a covered military member on “covered active duty”
Employees going on a leave of absence due to the birth or adoption of a child must contact Broadspire to initiate the leave request and provide necessary documentation. Parental leave provides you with job and benefits protection, but may be unpaid.
Paid Parental Leave offers eligible full-time employees with a period of eight weeks of paid time off to bond with their newborn or newly adopted child. This policy is only applicable for children born or adopted on or after January 1, 2022. Paid parental leave for bonding is not subject to accrual and is not paid out upon termination if all or some portion is unused.
Pregnancy Recuperation provides eligible birth parents on approved STD with “top-off” pay to provide 100% income replacement for the duration of their approved short-term disability (not to exceed eight weeks). Pregnancy Recuperation pay does not commence prior to the delivery date. After this benefit ends, Paid Parental Leave would grant up to eight weeks at 100% pay for employees to bond with their child.
Employees in states that are eligible for wage replacement must apply for the state benefit. It is the employee’s responsibility to contact the state or appropriate vendor to apply and provide the necessary documentation.
For details, please review the following materials:
In an effort to recognize the needs of employees who require time off and who do not qualify for other leave types, Sunrun offers eligible employees an unpaid personal leave for up to 30 calendar days.
Provider contact information
Our leave of absence administrator is Broadspire. You can use Broadspire to:
- Request leave
- Check eligibility for leave
- Apply for short-term disability
- Download medical certifications
- Check the status of a leave request
- Keep track of leave time
- Learn about federal FMLA regulations
- Phone: (888) 398-0079
- Web (Only for existing claims): www.myleavetech.com
We are excited to welcome your newest member to the Sunrun family. Please click here to opt in and receive a baby onesie or an account credit to use at our store.